- Date: Saturday, 15th of September 2018, 9:30-17:30, 18:00-20:00
- Location: International Christian University, Mitaka, Tokyo.
- Access: https://www.icu.ac.jp/en/about/access/
- Venue: 2F International Conference Room, Kiyoshi Togasaki Memorial Dialogue House, Buidg. No. 17 on this map
- Language: Simultaneous interpretation English/Japanese will be provided.
- Cost: Registration is free of charge for all 3 workshop sessions. Dinner fee: 500 JPY, Students (with ID): free of charge.
- Registration: here. Everybody is welcome!
- Speaker biographies (PDF): here.
- Jointly organized by: Eckhard Hitzer (ICU), Mark Langager (ICU), Nobyuki Miyazaki (ICU), Takashi Kibe (ICU), Goro-Christoph Kimura (Sophia University), Yurika Ayukawa (Chiba University of Commerce Energy Inc.), Momoko Mogi (Tokyo Kasei University), Masanori Shukuya (Tokyo City University), Joerg Raupach-Sumiya (Ritsumeikan University), Ayano Takeuchi (Toho University).
- Funding: Japan ICU Foundation (NY), German JSPS Alumni Association
9:30am Session 1: SUD & energy efficient architecture
Moderator: Prof. Masanori Shukuya (Tokyo City University, Yokohama)
* Keynote 1: Univ. Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Feist, University of Innsbruck, Unit of Energy Efficient Buildings & Founder of Passive House Institute https://www.uibk.ac.at/bauphysik/wir-ueber-uns/employees/additional-information/wolfgang_feist.html.en
“Energy efficiency global – Contribution of the Passive House Standard for a future sustainable energy structure” video| PDF
* Dr. Sachihiko Harashina (President, Chiba University of Commerce, Prof. em. Tokyo Institute of Technology, Environmental Science) http://www.cuc.ac.jp/eng/overview/president_profile.html
“The role of energy efficiency for Japan’s first RE 100 University CUC” video| PDF
* Prof. em. Kenichi Kimura (former Waseda University, Solar House Specialist) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken-ichi_Kimura
“Sustainable house development in Japan – from vernacular houses to zero energy house” video | PDF
* Prof. Masayuki Mae (University of Tokyo) http://maelab.arch.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/2017/01/17/mae-masayuki-associate-professor/
“Desirable future of Energy and Architecture – View from University and Scholar side” video | PDF
* Session 1 Panel Discussion
Panel: Ms. Miwa Mori, Prof. Wolfgang Feist, Prof. Masayuki Mae, Prof. em. Kenichi Kimura, Prof. Masanori Shukuya video
14:00 Session 2: SUD & sustainable architecture
Moderator: Prof. Yosuke Komiyama (Kyoto University, Kyoto)
*Keynote 2: David Lomax, Senior Associate of Waugh&Thistleton, London. CLT architecture expert. http://waughthistleton.com/
“Dalston Works – the world’s largest CLT building and its lessons for sustainable university development” video | PDF
*Prof. Masanori Shukuya (Tokyo City University, Author of Exergy. Theory and Applications in the Built Environment, Springer 2012). http://www.yc.tcu.ac.jp/~shukuya/
“Exergetic view on built environment and also human thermal well-being” (why the enhancement of building envelope insulation is important) video | PDF
16:10 Session 3: SUD and human development related to energy
Moderator: Prof. Ayano Takeuchi (Toho University)
*Mr. Ryunosuke Takachu (Student of Chiba University of Commerce (CUC), Student Organization for Natural Energy (SONE)SUDee2018_biosketches_v14Sep2018)
“Aiming at a 100% Renewable Energy University – Motivating Students” video | PDF
* Session 3 Panel Discussion
Panel: Mr. Minato Hayashi, Ms. Ryoko Ishi, Mr. Ryunosuke Takachu, Prof. Ayano Takeuchi video
18:00 – 20:00 Networking dinner for participants.
1F Dialogue House Restaurant.
Dinner fee: 500 JPY. Students (with ID): free of charge.
Registration: here. Everybody is welcome!